Apex is a full-service boutique investment bank designed to address any M & A or corporate finance need of an SME without the overhead of a large consulting firm or traditional investment bank. We are staffed with experienced entrepreneurs that have been in your shoes and started or grown their own businesses.
Whether you’re thinking about selling your business, curious about what it might be worth, considering an acquisition, raising capital or have hit a plateau in your company’s growth, we can help. We don’t just “do a deal” based on where your business is today, we help you figure out when is the best time to embark on a transaction and what the right strategy is in the long run.
We begin every engagement by clearly understanding your financial and strategic objectives and will build a plan to execute on them. We can help you get a gauge of what your business is worth and whether this is the optimal time to consider a transaction.
We work with founders to develop a long-term succession or exit strategy even if a sale is not imminent. For buy-side mandates, we’ll build a profile for the ideal target to ensure that it meets your key financial and strategic criteria.
M&A Services include:
- Educating/coaching entrepreneurs on the M & A process
- Preparing sell-side investment package and financial model
- Creating buy side strategic/financial profile
- Researching and identifying target buyers/sellers
- Structuring and negotiating the deal
- Shareholder buyouts and carve outs
- Capital restructuring
We have sat on both sides of the table as operators raising capital and as investors and understand the dynamics of getting a transaction done. We also have deep ties with Angel investors, venture capital and private equity firms and have extensive experience in working with strategic corporate investors.
We will also work with management to figure out a long-term financing strategy designed to mitigate dilution and optimize enterprise value.
Corporate Finance Services include:
- Assessing and if necessary, re-positioning the company strategically to make it more attractive to investors
- Creating an investor package and pitch deck
- Capital restructuring
- Financial modelling
- Raising equity-based growth capital
- “Gap debt” or bridge financing
- Long term debt/credit facilities
Our clients often engage us for general corporate advisory work unrelated to a specific transaction or financing. At times we will act as an objective “independent” advisor to boards or management to help them figure out the right strategy to optimize shareholder value. We can also help to fill management or talent gaps for client companies and can “parachute” in one of our consultants on a temporary engagement to address an acute problem that might be inhibiting growth.
Advisory Services include:
- Business model/revenue model restructuring
- Growth strategies for market acceleration
- Product market fit
- Critically assessing sales and channel strategies
- Sales process and sales/marketing technology
- IP/technology roadmap
- Technology licensing and strategic partnerships
- Corporate governance and navigating shareholder disputes
Contact Apex Today
If you are in need of any of our services, please contact us and one of our representatives will be in touch with you shortly.